Final Bunting Design

I drew up a quick sketch of what I want my final square to look like for me to follow when making it:


I’ve also included swatches of fabric and paint which I plan to use.


I was happy to have found these fabrics because I feel they represent the actual colours of the bunting in my photograph.

I did the design on a smaller scale:



I’m really pleased with this and the overall effect is better than I was expecting it to be.

I realised afterwards that there is a spelling mistake in my initial design and because I followed this exactly, the stitched version also includes this mistake, I will therefore amend this when I do the final, larger one. This actually works out better because there are the same amount of letters in both words, meaning I can have an equal amount of flags on each string.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s