Interim CritiquePosted: March 2, 2017
I was actually surprisingly nervous for my presentation today, but once I got talking I was fine.
One thing that the tutors said was that I sounded really passionate and excited about my work, which I’m very happy about because this is true and I need it to come across when I’m talking!
Suggestions which were made were:
- Frame idea may be too conventional/safe
Could try printed mounts, printed with line drawings
Option for printed fabric mounts
This will set my work apart from other framed pieces
- Idea of bits coming over and around the frame, rather than being restricted to inside it
- Keep developing the wording, idea of having that on the mount, or as a border?
- Option of selling alternative accessories, such as tea towels, aprons, oven gloves, mugs etc
- For next week, swap over mood boards and timetable in space
- On board in space, organise into collections, maybe just have favourite samples up ready for Dr Miller’s visit (other samples in a sketchbook)
- The tutors really liked my photos from the beach images, and encouraged me to ‘how these off’, for example in a calendar
I’m feeling really positive after this chat, and am looking forward to continuing my experimentation.