Mock UpsPosted: March 20, 2017
Today I’ve sorted out my initial measurements for all of my products in the collection, and had a think about the details. Using pattern paper I cut out some templates, and it was really helpful to me to see that actual sizes and decide which will be the most appropriate.
I paid particular attention to the tea towels, using cotton tape to play with the idea of having a loop on one corner.
I feel that the narrower seam looks much more professional and I had a go with a contrast coloured thread as opposed to white, which I feel is really effective. I think it gives a really contemporary edge and makes it that bit different.
I also set out to make a mock up of the tote bag – really simple but it was useful to me to see the size properly.
Now that I’m beginning to think about construction, I’m really excited to see the finished products!