Finished Samples!Posted: April 26, 2017
I’m over the moon this evening that I have finally finished all 15 of my croquis samples, which took me a little longer than expected due to deciding to redo 2 of them!
To begin my day today I sat with a needle and finished all of the threads of the big seaweed piece for one of my cushions. I am really pleased with this design and can’t wait to see the final product.
I then embroidered the tentacles onto the anemones. I’m really happy with how these came out – I took them out the water a bit early yesterday in order to keep them a bit stiffer. This has worked nicely and they are as 3D as I intended them to be. These look great now that they are finished and might actually be my new favourite.
I decided to completely redo my herring gull sample after trying and failing to just unpick and re-stitch the head. I am so happy I chose to do this though, because the new one is so much more effective (shown below next to first attempt).
I think I will add some colour to the beak and legs as I did with the oyster catchers, because this should make a big difference.
Using the sample I tried yesterday, I also re stitched my brittle stars onto silk. I chose a yellow thread with a hint of green for the middle of the legs and am happy with this decision, as it brings the sample more into the rest of the collection.
I’m really happy with this piece and the time it took to stitch it out was definitely worth it. I’m looking forward to seeing it hung with the rest of the collection.
I still have heaps to do but now that these 15 samples are finished I can concentrate on getting the mounting looking really professional, and also getting my products made to a high standard.