Tea TowelsPosted: May 3, 2017
Today I did the embroidery for my herring gull tea towel and also constructed all three.
I went with my plans of using bright threads for the construction and am really pleased with this decision. I feel that this just added a bit of ‘me’ to the products and made them a bit different to what is already out there. The three colours of threads I chose are also going to be used to construct the three cushions.
I also cut out the fronts of my three cushions ready to be made. I am hoping to get this done tomorrow so that I can spend the rest of my time concentrating on mounting, getting my show up and finishing bits and bobs.
I’ve added a little initial to all of my product embroideries, as an alternative to signing my whole name. I decided that this could be too long and stand out too much, so I chose a much smaller, simple ‘h’.